Cancellation policy of Finnair airlines
The rates mentioned when booking with Finnair through our website or by telephone are guaranteed for 24 hours. If the reservation was made seven days or more before the scheduled departure flight, you can cancel it within 24 hours, with no reimbursement fees.
You must cancel your flight reservation before the scheduled departure time of the first flight that will not be used. You can cancel your flight on the Finnair website or through Finnair customer service. You can request a refund by completing the online refund application form on the Finnair website.
Customer Service: 1 (877) 757-7143
Bag information: In the economy, the first free bag, the second bag varies depending on the itinerary. More information about the Finnair bag
Stock price: FIA1S (HEL) euro; 4.49 -0.20 (-4.22%)
Subsidiaries: Oy Aurinkomatkat – Suntour Ltd Ab.
Can I change my Finnair flight date?
Finnair allows you to change the time, date or destination of your flight. However, Finnair recommends that you check the type of ticket and its conditions to ensure that you are eligible to make changes. If your ticket type allows you to change the date and/or time of your flight, you can do so through Manage Your Booking.
Follow the Finnair cancellation policy simply:
- If you have finally decided to cancel your plane ticket, then you must follow the policy and do the task instantly with ease.
- If there is a problem with you and you cannot complete the task, go through the instructions below.
- First, go to the booking webpage and select the login button.
- You can enter the correct email address and password and click on the reservation management tab.
- Select the luggage in the check-in process for which you intend to cancel the flight.
- Select a flight cancellation and go through the policy for easy reimbursement and press the next button.
- You can fill out the refund application form after the cancellation process and you can proceed to the next one.
- Press the save button after the task is completed at the end of the task.
Easily follow the Finnair reimbursement policy:
- Go to the booking page and select the flight to cancel and press the next button.
- Enter the correct flight name and number and enter your name with bank information and mobile phone number.
- You must follow the basic policy to get an instant refund.
- After the pregnancy is completed, you must wait for the refund in three days.
- This page is intended to be of help to you, but if you need more information about your flight change or cancellation policy, you can contact our travel customer service team at any time.
How to apply for a refund
- You must cancel the flight booking before the scheduled departure time of the first flight that will not be used. You can cancel your flight on the Finnair website or via Finnair customer care.
- You can apply for a refund by filling in the online refund application form on the Finnair website. You need to include a copy of a medical certificate indicating the sickness or accident preventing traveling and the duration of it. If the reason for cancellation is death, an official certificate or some other reliable clearance is required.
- If the refund claim is based on sickness, accident or death of a close family member who is not included in the flight booking, Finnair has the right to request evidence of the family connection.
- The refund claim must be sent within three (3) months from the original departure date for illness or accident cases, and within six (6) months from the original departure date in the death case.
Can you cancel your Finnair flight and get a refund?
Can I cancel my Finnair flight?
Do you have a flight with Finnair that you can no longer use? Plans change, we know. We help many travelers like you to recover money from non-refundable flights each year.
Can I cancel my Finnair flight and get a refund?
If you made your reservation seven days or more before the scheduled departure time of the flight, you can cancel it within 24 hours without a refund fee.
If you purchased Finnair Cancel Cover, this allows you to cancel your flight and request a refund if you are unable to travel due to a sudden illness or accident for yourself or a close family member.
The cancellation capacity applies to the initial flight fare and any additional travel supplements provided by Finnair for passengers who cannot travel. If the illness or accident occurs after the departure flight, the Cancellation Cap covers the price of the return flight or the equivalent amount of the total flight fare.
The imperative nature of the cancellation is always evaluated on medical grounds. Please note that you must provide a valid medical certificate along with the reimbursement application form.
Most unused taxes and fees are refundable, but there are a few exceptions:
- The reimbursement fee is ￡ 40
- Service charges and credit card fees are non-refundable.
- The insurance and fuel tax is not refunded if you have chosen a type of ticket that is not refundable.
- You can request the refund of a ticket issued by Finnair by filling in the refund form. If you purchased your airline ticket from another airline or travel agent, please contact them for a refund.
- If you have already used your air ticket or extra travel but would like to receive a refund due to a delayed flight, for example, fill out this form.
- If you purchased a Finnair cancellation cover and would like to request a refund, please complete the Finnair Cancel Cover refund application form.
- You must cancel your reservation before requesting a refund. You can cancel your reservation here or through Finnair Customer Service.
- The refundable amount depends on the type of ticket. If you are entitled to a refund, it will be calculated according to Finnair’s fare rules. If you would like to find out the exact amount before canceling your ticket, please contact Finnair Customer Service.