There may be several reasons why the Google Assistant on your device may not work as expected. But most of the time, the solutions turn out to be relatively easy. “OK Google Not Working”In this guide, we will see the corrections of the Google Assistant Not Working so that it returns to its normal operating state. All these corrections are relatively easy to execute, with hardly any technicalities involved.
If Google Assistant does not work or does not respond on your device, you can fix it by trying one of the methods described below.
What causes Google Assistant’s voice to break down?
When Google Assistant Not Working, it is usually due to some kind of problem with the Google application. Some of the most common problems include incorrect permissions that prevent the Google application from accessing your microphone, accidentally turning off voice commands, and corrupted data in the application.
If your Google Assistant does not accept voice commands, you should try each of the following solutions, in order, until it starts working again. If it still does not work after you have exhausted all these solutions, you may have to wait for Google to solve the specific problem you are experiencing.
Make sure Google Voice has the correct permissions
The Google Assistant needs permission to access many different systems on your phone. For example, you need to access the microphone, or you will not be able to hear your voice commands at all.
If the Google Assistant voice commands do not work on your phone, the first thing you should do is verify the permissions. If you find that any of the permissions are disabled, enabling them will probably solve the problem.
The Google Assistant works through the Google application, so make sure that the Google application has access to your microphone at least if you want it to respond to your voice. If you want me to do something useful, be sure to enable all permissions.
Here we show you how to access the permission settings for your Google application:
- Open the Settings app and tap Apps and notifications.
- In the application information list, tap Google.
- Touch Permissions.
- If any of the slide switches are dimmed, touch them so that they slide to the right. Make sure all the sliders are enabled and check if the Google Assistant voice commands work.
If Google Assistant still does not respond to your voice, try restarting your phone after you have enabled all permissions for the application. If it still doesn’t work after that, you should make sure that the “Okay Google” command is really enabled.
Reboot your Device.
Let’s start with the most basic of Google Assistant Fax. A simple reboot usually solves some of the more complicated problems. Hence it is well worth a try. Just press the power button and then tap on the reboot option. Once your device is back up, it will assist whether it is working or not. If the problem still persists, correct Google Assistant above.
Make sure the assistant is enabled and your device supports it
Google Assistant doesn’t work
If your phone supports Google Assistant, start guessing each model. Those who support it.
- Android 5.0 or higher
- Open Apple 6.13 or greater
- Google Play Services
- At least 1GB of memory
- Additionally, it is a language of the following devices: Chinese (Traditional), Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, or Turkish.
Re-train the voice model
It is possible that the reason Google Assistant does not work is that it recognizes your voice. This is easy to solve since all you have to do is retrain the voice model.
Here’s how to do it: open the Google application on your phone, select the “More” option at the bottom of the screen and then tap “Settings.” The next step is to touch the “Voice” option and select “Voice Match”. “Followed by” Retraining voice model “
Other possible solutions
If none of the solutions so far have solved the problem you are experiencing with Google Assistant, this is what you should try:
- Check the microphone: make sure it is working and that you are not covering it with your hand when you try to call the Assistant. If the Assistant cannot hear it, he will not respond.
- Verify your Internet connection: to use the Assistant, you must be online. Make sure you are connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile network and the connection is stable.
- Disable other voice assistants: If you have a Samsung device, try disabling Bixby to see if that solves the problem. And if you have downloaded Alexa, Cortana, or any other voice assistant on your phone, disable it or delete it.
- Update the application: make sure the Google application is updated to the latest version. Also, be sure to grant all permissions for the Google application by going to Settings> Applications> Google Application> Permissions (the route may differ from one model to another).
“Ok, Google” does not work? How to fix that?
There could be only two possibilities to call “Ok Google” does not work: Google Assistant application does not work or Google cannot recognize your voice.
Now that we’ve talked about possible problems that could cause Google commands to stop responding, let’s try to solve the problem:
Clear the basics
- First of all, we will have to see if the basic functionalities of the smartphone are not being the bottleneck here.
- Topping the list is checking for hardware problems, particularly at the microphone. Ironically, the problem is more common on Google’s own Pixel devices. There are some Android applications that allow you to test your smartphone’s microphone.
- Another very simple and simple method that could solve the problem of “Ok Google” that does not respond is to clean the microphone hole. Sometimes dirt or other debris can enter the microphone hole, blocking the path.
Google Voice microphone settings
Although it is very unlikely that the Google application will lose access to the microphone permission. You can search it in the Android permission manager and fix it as shown in the previous screenshots.
The Google application does not work
- Sometimes, the Android application itself can behave disproportionately.
- It could be due to a more recent update or the application itself might have errors.
- If the Google application does not respond, try “Force stop” through the Application Settings on your Android device.
Google Assistant does not work
Ok, Google commands may stop working right after installing a new Google application update. In that case, you can download an earlier version of the Android application from Android APK websites that host websites such as APKMirror.
Go to Google Assistant settings
- After having tried all the above methods, let’s look for the definitive source: Google Voice settings.
- Simply go to Google in the Android settings, tap “Search, Assistant and Voice” and then tap in the Voice section.
Google Assistant Settings
Activate “Ok Google”
- On several Android smartphones, one has to manually activate Google Voice while configuring the device.
- This is how you can do it: go to Google Voice settings, tap the voice match option and activate the “Voice match access” option.
Turn on ok Google
Google language settings page
- Check if the languages marked in the “Language” section are the most comfortable. Select two or three languages to make the wizard more efficient.
Google Assistant language settings
Re-train the Google voice model
- If Google is taking the time to recognize your voice or is not recognizing it, you can also retrain your voice in the Google Assistant.
- Under the same settings, tap the “Recycling voice model” and transmit your voice to the Google application.
Train Google Voice again
Disable Bixby [For Samsung users]
- In case you have a Samsung phone, Bixby may be interfering with the operation of the Google Assistant. Samsung classic!
- Therefore, you will first have to disable the Bixby activation voice to use Ok Google on your Samsung smartphone. And given Samsung’s stubborn nature, it is better to turn everything off remotely called Bixby or S voice on your Samsung smartphone.
Disable Bixby for Ok Google
- Users from all over the world may face the Google Assistant problem while we talk and Google has already released a statement about it.
- To see if everyone has the same problem that Ok Google does not work, look for the error in the Reddit, Twitter, and Google forums. Possibly, a solution for Google Voice not to work has already been voted thousands of times.
Learn Next: Google Support