Almost every users want the latest version of Windows By upgrading the windows it still faces challenges like the other version. There are many users who are facing the problem related to the computer restarted unexpectedly error, if you are also facing the same kind of issues then you no need to get worried about it because some steps involved in troubleshooting the problem of your computer restarting unexpectedly, so you just follow it and get to fix related issues.
1. Edit Windows registry to change the value of setup.exe:
- Navigate to command prompt when the error stating that your computer restarted unexpectedly shows.
- Then start the section of the registry editor. You give the command ‘Regedit’ and press the enter key.
- User account control prompts you so you just click on the ‘yes’ option.
- New windows will open you just go with the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\SETUP\STATUS\CHILD\COMPETION” path.
- You need to move to the right section then double click on setup.exe.
- When you click on it then the Edit DWORD value section will open you need to change the value data from 1 -3, then click on ok, in this way, all the changes will be saved.
- After that close the windows and restart your system.
2. Disconnect all your USB devices:
If you have connected multiple USB cables on your system, then this can be your issue because the cables may be interfering with your function of the computer, so that causing the system to restart unexpectedly. You should check to see if you have connected multiple different USB cable to your computer such as flash drive, printers, etc. you need to disconnect all these connections even if you have connected USB of your mouse and keyboard then you should disconnect it also.
3. Check your hard drive cables
If hard drive cables of your computer are having problems then there is a chance this error of system restarting unexpectedly. You should try to check your hard drive cables to see if there is anything physically wrong with them, then you should switch the cables. If you do not have any physical problem then you can still switch or change the cables connecting your motherboard with your hard drives just to be sure.
4. Reset Window 10
- First of all, you need to go to the settings of your PC.
- When you reached on the settings then you will see the update and security option, you just click on it.
- In the update and security field, the recovery option will appear you should click on it.
- After that you go to the section labeled ‘Reset this PC’ and then click on get started option.
- Then two options will appear i.e. keep my file or remove everything. If you want to keep all your files then you need to choose to keep my file option and click on the Next button.
- If you want to see the installed applications that will be removed due to this reset, then select a list of applications to be removed.
- When you are resetting your windows then all third party applications you installed will be removed. Only your system files and applications will remain. So that you keep in your mind all the applications that you will need to reinstall after the reset of the Window. Before resetting you choose to go back.
- The second option is that, if you want to delete everything from your PC, then you need to select the second option in the choose an options window, click on remove everything.
- To see the drives you can check that will be affecting due to this reset, so you just simply choosing ‘ Show me the list of drives that will affect’
- Return to the previous window and move on to the next action.
- At the end by choosing the reset option to finish your process.
- In this way your windows have been reset.
- Now you should restart your system t check your problem has resolved or not.
5. Update your Basic Input-Output System (BIOS)
In the process of your computer booting BIOS is very important. If it is out od dated then you may experience the error of the system restarting unexpectedly even while you are still using it. Therefore if this is the issue then you need to update your BIOS. You should know the process of updating BIOS. First of all, you need a different computer in good working condition to download a new version of BIOS. When you have downloaded on the working computer, copy or move it to your flash drive. Then you lunch Command prompt and do the BIOS update from there. After that your motherboard manual contains detailed instructions on how to update your BIOS, you just go through it and adopt the instructions carefully to do the update. Then you should check that your related problem resolved or not.