If you want to know How to Empty Trash in Google Drive? Then don’t worry. Generally, the files and folder are saved in the Trash for 30 days if you don’t delete them, and after 30 days ended all that files get deleted automatically. But you can do manually empty trash on the drive also, by the following steps.
Simple Steps to Empty Trash in Google Drive
- First, go to drive.google.com on your computer.
- Hit on the ‘Trash’ option located on the left side.
- Then hit on ‘Trash’ looks arrow option at the top.
- Ensure that there are no files you need to keep.
- When an Empty Trash pop-up will appear, hit on the ‘Empty Trash’ option.
- Then all your files and folders in your trash will be permanently deleted.
Why do you need to delete all trash at once on Google Drive?
Want to know the reason Why you need to delete all trash at once on Google Drive? Then several reasons could be possible behind it. When the storage space is running out and you require some extra space to backup new & important files. When so many dismissed files on the drive taking up a lot of space. When the old files are no longer required, and you need an extra backup of the files. Further, you don’t want to spend extra money on extending the storage space.
How to clear Google Drive on Android?
If you wish to find out How to clear Google Drive on Android? Then yes, you can also clear or empty the trash from your Android device. To do it, follow these steps:
- Open the ‘Google Drive’ app on your Android phone.
- Tap on the ‘Files’ option located at the bottom right.
- Then tap the ‘More’ three-dot option at the right of the file you want to delete.
- Scroll down the menu which appears to find the ‘Remove’ option. Then tap ‘Remove’.
How to Empty Google Drive Trash on iPhone (iOS)?
Here you can also learn ‘How to Empty Google Drive Trash on iPhone (iOS)?’ by the simple steps mentioned below.
- On your iPhone or iOS device, open the Google Drive app.
- Then, tap on the three-line icon in the top-left corner.
- Tap on the ‘Trash’ option. It’s located nearly the icon which resembles a trashcan.
- At the top-right corner, tap on a three-dot icon.
- Hit on the ‘Empty Trash’ option, which will prompt a confirmation pop-up window.
- Press on ‘Delete Forever’ to confirm the permanently delete all the files in the trash and you will not be able to recover them.
Easy Tips to Empty Google Drive Trash
If you have decided to Empty Google Drive Trash because your Google storage looks a big clutter of unorganized files and folders which make it unbearable to find you anything.
So, here are mentioned Easy Tips to Empty Google Drive Trash which will be convenient for you to better work on Google Drive.
You can usage the search space to find the files in the Trash folder in the main Google window. If you want to restore a file that is shared, you can contact the owner of the file to restore it. If you wish to recover files from Trash, then you can contact the Google drive help center. You can make an online copy of the file which is important for you.