Gmail SMTP Settings
Gmail is always offering an SMTP server without any cost and after permitted it, you can simply integrate with Gmail SMTP setting including your web application as well as serve. Users can easily send outgoing emails without managing the outgoing server of email. Those outgoing emails can be the asset of transitional emails, bulk emails, email marketing, a registration email, password reset emails, order emails, etc. And finally, all the Gmail SMTP Settings will attach to the cloud server.
Why we actual Need to set up SMTP settings in Gmail?
Users can send emails under the Gmail SMTP server and it can configure the clients of the third party like outlook and send an email via Gmail account. Users will set default Gmail settings and the server will allow the address of smtp.gmail.com.
How to configure Gmail SMTP settings? -:
Step 1: Log-in your Google Account:
- Just, visit the Google account.
- Click on the Sign-in button
- Enter your phone or email address in the text field.
- Hit on the Next button.
- Next, enter the password in the box & again press the Next.
Step 2: Enable the two-step verification:
For better security, you need to protect your Gmail account via the 2 step verification process, just follow the below-presented steps.
- Tap on the security section.
- Enable the 2 Step verification option under the Signing into Google section.
Step 3: Settings of POP/IMAP:
- Then, open Gmail and go to the settings.
- Then, tap on the Pop & IMAP.
- Select More setting and then, choose the outgoing server.
- You have to configure the below-presented SMTP setting in your Gmail account.
Step 4: Gmail SMTP settings setup:
- SMTP username: Address of your Gmail.
- SMTP password: Password of your Gmail.
- SMTP server address: smtp.gmail.com
- Gmail SMTP port (TLS): Port Number 587
- SMTP port (SSL): Port Number 465
- SMTP TLS/SSL required: yes
Therefore, finally, tap on the save change button and you have successfully configured the SMTP setting in Gmail.
How to Enable POP and IMAP on Gmail?
- Just, open a Gmail account in any web browser.
- Tap on the gear icon and go to the settings.
- Choose the forwarding & POP/IMAP section.
- Then, Enable IMAP as well as POP via checkbox.
- Scroll down and tap on the Save change button.
- After enabling the POP/IMAP option you can set up it on the Gmail setting via the below-presented steps.
Steps to Set up POP and IMAP Gmail settings: –
- Go to the settings of Gmail.
- Tap on the Accounts & Import section.
- Add your email address under the send mail us option.
For IMAP Server Settings:
- IMAP server address: imap.gmail.com
- IMAP Username: Your full Email address of Gmail. (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- IMAP password: Correct password of Gmail.
- Gmail IMAP port: 993
- Gmail IMAP TLS/SSL required:
For POP Server Settings:
- Username: your email address
- Password: Here you have to use a webmail password.
- POP server: pop.one.com
- Port Number: 995
What is SMTP?
SMTP stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol and This is just a protocol that is capable of sending email over the internet. And the email client such as Mac OS X MAIL, Outlook, and etch uses it and sends a message to the email server. Generally, users set SMTP server for location internet service provider under the SMTP settings.
What are POP and IMAP?
IMAP and POP both are capable to read your messages of Gmail in the order of email clients. IMAP can be accessible on multiple devices and the purpose of POP can use in a single computer.
How to get the most out of your Gmail account?
There are various amazing features of Gmail which offers unbelievable benefits to the users such as users can simply compose the email and after active of Smart reply, users can personalize the syntax of every email and also, users can simply schedule their email as per the requirement. Gmail is very friendly with shortcuts so users can use the keyboard shortcut and access all the features of Gmail.