Hotmail / Outlook is an email service published by Microsoft for both individuals and professionals. Do the features of this Webmail not meet your expectations? Delete Hotmail / Outlook Account Tired of emails messing up your mailbox? Instead of cleaning it, have you decided to permanently delete a Hotmail email address? Follow our instructions to do this.
Steps to Delete a Hotmail Account?
Before deleting your Hotmail address, make sure you save important messages and attachments. You risk losing them for good. Closing a Hotmail account requires only a few simple steps:
- Go to Outlook
- Sign in to your email address by typing in your email address and associated password
- Click “Security” in the menu bar
- At the bottom of the page, select the “More security options” link
- Enter your password
- Click “Close Account” at the bottom of the page that appears
- A warning page and explanations appear
- Click Next at the bottom of the page
- Check all the boxes on the page that appears. This indicates that you are aware of the decision made
- Finally, click “Tag Account” to close
Your account will be permanently deleted within 60 days of this procedure. In this delay, you have the right to change your mind. All you have to do is reconnect to the service to clear the deletion of a Hotmail email address.
How to permanently delete your Hotmail account
- Go to https://account.live.com/closeaccount.aspx (you will be redirected to the Hotmail login page)
- Enter your Hotmail username and password on the login page.
- Verify your identity, either through the email, text or authenticator application. Click “Next” at the bottom if you want to delete your Microsoft account. Check each box and indicate a reason to close the account and click “Mark account to close” and you’re done.
An alternative way to permanently close your Hotmail account
- Go directly to the Microsoft account setup page or sign in to your Hotmail account. Click your name in the upper right corner and click on “Account Setup”. Microsoft may require you to re-enter your password. Click on “Security and Privacy”.
- Click “More Security Settings” in Account Security.
- Microsoft may require you to verify your account before continuing to make sure you are. You must select text or email to receive a security code and enter the code you received on the next page. .
- Scroll down, click the “Close my account” option in the account closure section.
- Carefully read all the points there and click “Next” if you want to delete your Hotmail account again
- Check each box and indicate a reason for closing the account and click “Mark account for closing” and the process of deleting your account is complete. Hotmail is complete. If you wish, you can re-open your Hotmail account within 60 days with your current login details.
Better manage your Hotmail address
Hotmail gives you the opportunity to organize your emails better. For example, Delete Hotmail / Outlook Account you can sort and display them in different files. It is also possible to flag important emails or do the opposite and block unwanted messages. Therefore, the correct organization of the Hotmail mailbox is essential to increase productivity and efficiency. Finally, this procedure saves valuable time and facilitates the cleaning of the mailbox.
Also, do not use your Hotmail address on the websites you visit to avoid receiving unnecessary messages. It is best to sign in with a different address than the one you usually use. This is essential to optimizing the security of your information. This way, you will not be the target of spam and will not be part of the mailing list of hundreds of companies.
Remove or delete an email account from Outlook
Outlook for Office 365 Outlook 2019 Outlook 2016 Outlook 2013 Outlook 2010 More.
Removing an email account from Outlook does not disable the email account. If you want to deactivate your account, talk to your email account provider. Delete Hotmail / Outlook Account Once you delete an account from Outlook, you will no longer be able to send and receive mail from that account to Outlook.
These instructions are only for Outlook 2016, 2013, and 2010, 2020. If you are using Windows 10 Mail, see Delete an Email Account from the Mail and Calendar applications.
- From the Outlook main window, select File in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select Account Settings to delete an account.
- Note: For Outlook 2007, select Tools> Account Settings and proceed to step 3.
- Select Account Settings> Account Settings
- Select the account you want to delete, then select Delete.
- You will see a message warning you that all offline cached content will be deleted for this account. This only affects content downloaded and stored on your computer.
Select Yes to confirm.