When trying to open the Avira antivirus application on your device for the scanning process, you may come across the error “Avira will not open” on the device. Once you find this, you won’t be able to use it properly on your computer.
This problem occurs mainly if the Avira antivirus application is corrupted. Other reasons include an outdated version of the operating system, Avira antivirus application, malware infection, Windows Defender firewall, etc.
So this is one of the most common problems, but you can easily fix it on your own.
How to fix Avira won’t open in Windows 10?
When you encounter this problem, you must restart your computer. Sometimes restarting the device can fix various frequently encountered problems.
After restarting the device, if the problem persists, you can try other solutions to solve the problem of Avira will not open on your device. Here, we will provide some of the easy and effective solutions for this problem. So please do and implement them one by one as follows:
Fix Avira Won’t Open Windows 10 With Few Simple and Easy Steps:
Step 1: reinstall the Avira software
Sometimes improper installation can cause this problem. If any files are missing during installation time, the Avira launcher may not work on Windows. To solve the problem.
- Open the Control Panel window and go to the Programs and Features section.
- Now, select the Uninstall a program option.
- Now you can see the list of applications that are installed on your computer.
- Select Avira Antivirus software and related files.
- Right-click on the files and select the Uninstall option.
- Now, click Yes to confirm the uninstall proce7ss.
- Wait a few minutes to completely remove the Avira software. You can see a confirmation message on the screen when the deletion is successful.
- Now, restart your computer and open the browser window.
You can then download Avira antivirus software from Avira’s official website. Make sure to download the updated version of the software.
Run the installation file from the downloaded folder and install the software.
Open Avira antivirus program and check if Avira launcher not working with Windows 10 problem is fixed.
Step 2: Temporary deactivation of web protection
If the problem persists, you can try to disable web protection temporarily. To do this, continue with the steps below.
- Go to the Settings window from the Start menu.
- Now, open the Internet Protection window and disable the Web Protection option by clicking on the slider. Now, click on the Apply button.
- When prompted for confirmation to temporarily disable antivirus, click OK.
- Restart your Windows computer and check if the Avira launcher not working Windows 10 message appears.
- If not, continue to the next step.
Step 3: Disabling real-time protection
Sometimes the Windows Defender firewall on your computer can result in your third-party antivirus software blocking. You can disable the real-time protection feature in Windows Defender to start the Avira antivirus window in such cases. You can continue with the steps below to disable real-time protection.
- Click Start and type Defender in the search field. Press the Enter key.
- Select the Virus and threat protection tab and go to the Virus and threat protection settings.
- Now, disable real-time protection by clicking on it.
- Restart your computer and try to start Avira. If the Avira launcher does not work, the Windows 10 problem continues, go to the next step.
Step 4: Re-enable Avira antivirus software.
In case of internal problems in the Avira antivirus, this problem can occur. To solve the problem, deactivate the Avira antivirus and then activate it again.
- Launch the Run dialog box and type services. MSc in the search section. Hit Enter.
- Now, locate the Avira Antivirus service and right click on it.
- Choose Properties from the drop-down list and check the current status.
- Check the Avira Startup Type in the Startup panel and change it to Automatic. Click on the OK button.
- Close the open window and restart the Avira Antivirus program. Now, check if the same problem comes up when you try to run it.
Step 5: Manually update the Avira antivirus program
If Avira launcher doesn’t work, Windows 10 problem reappears, update Avira antivirus software.
- You can download the Avira generator and update software from the Avira official site.
- Run the downloaded file and install Avira Generator.
- Launch the Avira antivirus software and click the Update tab.
- Select the Manual update option and choose the zip file that you have downloaded from the Avira official site.
- Click on the installation folder and wait until the update process is complete.
Step 6: Run the Windows troubleshooter
- Open the Settings application on your computer and go to the Update & Security section.
- Select the Troubleshoot option.
- Now, run the troubleshooter to detect the corrupted files.
- When the troubleshooting process is complete, the Avira launcher not working on Windows 10 issue will be fixed.
Get Information About: Xbox Account Recovery