Why can’t I log-in to my Epic games account?
Try the following troubleshooting steps to fix the problem: Try to sign in via the Sign in with Epic Games option instead of the console option. Try opening this link in an Incognito window or another browser to sign in.
How do I recover my Epic games (Fortnite) account?
Well, we all are diehard fans of Epic games but since everything has its own pros and cons, similar is with the Epic games launcher. Most of us often find it difficult to log-in to our Epic games account. This mainly occurs either due to invalid login credentials or forgotten password or username. Moreover, a non-operative game launcher or afflicted server status may also restrict you from logging-in to your Epic games account. However, you don’t need to worry at all as we just have the right solutions for you following which you can quickly sign-in to your Epic games account and enjoy your favorite games without any delay!!
1. Enter correct login credentials
Most of the times, the problem lies within the account login credentials itself. The first thing is you may have made some error in typing the username or password or there are chances that you might have forgotten the credentials. Hence, to eliminate the typing error, you can first type your password in the notepad/word document and then copy paste the same in the password field. And, still if you are unable to login, then go ahead to reset your password.
Steps to reset your Epic games password
- Visit https://www.epicgames.com and hit the sign-in button.
- This will view different sign-in methods for your Epic games account, but you need to choose “sign-in with Epic games” option.
- Thereafter, tap on forgot password link and provide your email address linked with your Epic games account.
- After this, you will get a password reset link on the provided email. Just open this link and hit the reset password button.
- Now, type the new password in the password field, confirm by typing it again and then save the changes by tapping on the reset password button. And your password will be updated.
Read More: How to Fix Roblox Error 610
2. Inspect the status of Epic games server
If you are unable to login to Epic games account even after the updated and correct password, then there may be some issue with the Epic games server itself. Hence, it is suggested to check the status of Epic games server on https://status.epicgames.com/ . If any system is non-operational, then you have to wait for some time till the issue is resolved. But, if the system is operational, and you still can’t login, then try the next solution below.
3. Re-launch the Epic games launcher
Sometimes, a simple re-installation of a program works wonders for us and same is with the Epic games launcher. So, all you need to do is uninstall the launcher from the program list and then re-install the new version of Epic games launcher from the official website. To remove the Epic Launcher, push the windows+ R keys together and enter appwiz.cpl in the run dialog box. Then select Epic games launcher from the program list, right click on the same and click on uninstall tab. After erasing the program, download the latest version of Epic launcher and login to your account.