Microsoft Word is one of the most popular applications of Microsoft Office. Word is majorly used by users for doing their daily tasks, However, but sometimes issues may arise while you are using it.
My Microsoft Word Won’t Open’ is one of the common issues, that several users have ever met. Therefore, in this post, here are mentioned some convenient solutions for you to fix this issue.
Common Error of Microsoft Word Not Opening:
- MS Word is not able to read documents.
- Having typing error.
- Getting ‘Something Went Wrong’ message while opening any MS word document.
- Getting memory or disk space issues.
- MS word document running very slow.
How to Fix Microsoft Word Won’t Open Windows 10?
If your Microsoft Word Won’t Open Windows 10, then don’t worry. there are various ways to fix this issue quickly.
1: Using Task Manager to Repair Microsoft Word File
On your PC or laptop, press the keys together Ctrl+Shift+Esc Taskbar and select Task Manager. Then check if WINWORD.exe is open in the ‘Details’ tab, then select End process tree and then restart MS Word again.
2: Open Microsoft Word in Safe Mode
Just open the MS word file in safe mode and just hold down the ‘Ctrl key and then, double click on the application.
3: Using Repair Option to Repair Microsoft Word File
Go to your PC, then press the ‘Windows’ button, then type Add or remove programs. Then find for ‘Office’ program and select ‘Advanced options’, and then tap on the ‘Repair’ option.
4: Use Repair Tool
Still, if your Microsoft Word is Not Opening in Windows 10, then try the best Word repair tool to fix this issue.
5: Update Windows
Open Windows search, just press “Windows+S” keys and type ‘Windows update’.
- Choose ‘Windows Update settings’ or ‘Check for update’ from the search result. Tap on the ‘Check for updates’ button and wait.
6: Delete Microsoft Word Registry Keys
- Press ‘Windows+S’.
- Type Regedit and hit Enter.
- Copy and paste
- Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Word\Data into the address bar of Registry Editor if you’re running Word 2010.
- Select Delete from the menu.
7: Update MS Word:
- Choose file & then, select the Account.
- Then, see the ‘Office Update’ section.
- Tap on the ‘Update Now’ option under the drop-down list.
Wait for a while and after completing your update Microsoft will inform you.
8: Un-install the current update:
- Tap on the ‘View History Update’ option.
- Then, select ‘Uninstall Updates’
- See the latest update and select all the updates.
- After then, click on the ‘Uninstall’ button.
9: Try to reduce PDF file size from windows.
After reducing the size of the PDF file, users will get the ride from the corrupted files.
10: Restart PC:
After applying all the above-presented processes, just restart your PC and then, use MS word.
11: Clear all the word registry:
open registry with ‘Windows + X’ then, choose the ‘Apps & feature’. Select the ‘Microsoft 365’ and tap on the ‘Modify’ button.
12: Disable the Add-ins:
- Open word document.
- Select the file from the menu.
- Then, tap on the options & hit on the ‘Adds-ins’ option.
- Choose the ‘COM Add-ins’ under the manage option.
- Tap on the ‘Go’ button and done.
13: Open MS word in Protected View:
- Launch MS word and then, create a blank document.
- Tap on the file & select the open option.
- Hit on the browser & find the doc file to be opened.
- Close the MS word document and expand to the open button with drop down.
13: Open protection view.
Check WINWORD.EXE Under Task Manager:
- Just press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC directly.
- Select the WINWORD.EXE process.
- Create a new word & select edit using right-click.
14: Disable the Antivirus:
Sometimes, MS word doesn’t work due to the antivirus so just deactivate your antivirus.
How to Fix Microsoft Word Won’t Open Mac?
1: Run the First Aid:
- Open directly with shift + Command + U.
- Then, open the disk utility and select the HDD.
- Hit on the ‘First Aid’ button and then, click on the ‘Run’.
- If the process has completed then, tap on the ‘Done’ button.
2: Follow the Repair Feature:
- Open MS word & select the ‘File’
- Then, hit on the ‘Open’.
- Browse the folder & select the ‘Word Document’.
- Select the ‘Repair’ under the drop-down list.
- Finally, tap on the ‘OK button.
3: Delete Word Preferences:
- Tap on the word and choose the ‘Preferences’.
- Select the location file option and then, pick the ‘user templates’.
- Find the ‘Normal.dotm’ file and open again word file.
4: Restart your Mac Computer:
- After applying all the above processes, just restart your PC.